Steve Higginbotham – has a long experience of stewardship and best practice and plays a major role in raising standards and awareness of water protection.
Key Achievements and Skills
- Developed and implemented nematicide stewardship in the UK and trained approximately 1000 farm operators in the safe use of granular soil insecticides
- Developed and introduced e-learning tools to strengthen water protection and nematicide stewardship. These modular courses attracted NRoSO cpd points
- Established a wide network of contacts in the crop protection industry and with key personal in the water industry, Defra and NGOs.
- As a member of the VI water steering group developed the decision tree concept and text messaging to promote best practice within the VI Pilot Catchments.
- Chaired industry Isoproturon Stewardship Group to raise awareness within the broader agricultural industry of the issues related to water protection
- Instigated and managed the Cherwell Study which researched the routes by which surface-water can be contaminated with isoproturon.
Stewardship Limited can provide:
- Product stewardship management
- Operator training materials
- Biobed advice
- Water catchment farming advice
- Biodiversity training and advice (BETA trained)